It all started on a sunny afternoon in Cedar City, Utah. Doug yelled my name from across the hotel room in his famous "Icabod" voice (that doesn't sound anything like Icabod Crane, but we call it the Icabod voice). He yelled "LLLLIIIIISSSSAAAA!" but to me, I heard, "LLLLEEEEEEENNNAAAA!"
And that's it. That's how the beginning of my nickname, LENA, came about. Ya, I know. Oh. My. Heck. So. Dumb. After that, we laughed at the name of Lena (an inside family joke due to someone we knew who was also named Lena....but we can't go into that :)). Doug decided to tell all his friends at school to start calling me Lena and all my friends to start calling me Lena. It spread and now most close friends call me Lena....even though my REAL name is Lisa...Lena is my nickname....even though Lena is a real name. :)
Other versions of Lena:
Lena B.
Lene
Leeny Weeny
oh you and your crazy family ;) i just couldn't come to calling you lena! not that i don't like that name, my mind just couldn't process two names for you ;) jk.
ReplyDeleteas for the book, the hunger games, my church has a book club and they read it.
i enjoyed it, it was a lot more intriguing than the twilight series, there's also some romance, but tactics that the main character has to use. i enjoyed the suspense of these books. twilight was a good sappy romance books. the hunger games is more political and suspenseful!
Wow. My husband is famous. :) haha. I love it when he talks in the icabod voice. I laugh so hard every time. Then I try...... I'll get better. I promise.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
I can't believe Charlie is walking!! You look real good Lena:)
ReplyDelete